REACH DIVERSIFIED MARKETS
The S-Series Planer is designed to run at feed speeds from 300 up to 2000 feet per minute (90 up to 600 meters per minute). It is the ultimate machine to produce value added manufactured wood products such as moulding, sizing, ripping and more. The S-Series uses the unique-to-Gilbert “Pull-Through” technology for high running uptime and productivity. It is controlled by an exclusive, user friendly automatic positioning system which allows greater production flexibility. Its compact design enables installation of the S-Series Planer into an existing layout.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- The Gilbert planer runs with a gap between each piece, each piece is independently pulled into the planer.
- «Pull-Through» technology prevents overlapping and breakage in the machine, allowing the operator to run damaged end boards with less trim loss.
- This technology reduces downtime and increases productivity.
- The Gilbert planer has the highest running uptime, over 95%. It rarely ever stops!
- Generating significant payback by producing higher grades.
- Its sturdy heavy-duty frame prevents vibration.
- Gilbert Eleven Series planer is equipped with 11 in (275 mm) cutting circle cutterheads and up to 26 knives.
- The Gilbert automatic positioning system, installed on all planers, controls the four cutterheads and an unlimited number of additional axes.
- It offers optimal precision and higher grades.
- Easy to use, the automatic positioning system creates efficient changeovers.
- Greater production flexibility, less downtime and a safer environment.
- Equipped with a quick release system, it immediately resumes production after jam ups, reducing down time.
PRECISION AND ACCURACY
- Driven by electric motorization, the Gilbert planer ensures steady speed, high accuracy planning and safe operations.
- The electric motorization reduces maintenance and operation costs.
- No more hydraulics equates to high energy savings.
- The Gilbert planer rarely stops, minimizing operator interventions and reducing risk of injury.
- The automatic positioning system allows the operator to control the planer from outside the planer room.
- Automatic jointing for the top and bottom heads, a recent technical upgrade, increases safety.